Defensive Handgun (Advanced)
This course builds upon the foundation laid in Defensive Handgun (Basic). Course focus is refining existing skills and techniques to a level which allows performance with precision, control and economy of movement.
For advanced shooters, this course provides an opportunity to sharpen previously learned skills and provides a comprehensive tune-up. Your understanding of the techniques taught in Defensive Handgun (Basic) along with proper safe gun-handling will be assumed upon your registration.
The course is fast-paced and dynamic with a high-round count. You will have limited breaks and be expected to maintain the necessary intensity of concentration. The class is taught from the aspects of everyday carry, enhanced conceal carry and /or open-carry. Unless you are attending in an official capacity such as military or law enforcement and want to work from a duty rig. There is a modest level of physical activity required for successful participation.
Course Requirements (Students are required to have the following for training):
Fully-functional handgun(s) e.g. semi-automatic pistol, revolver
- Semi-auto pistols are required to have a minimum of 3 magazines
- Magazine pouches are optional but are highly recommended
- Reloading moon clips, speed strips and/or loaders are highly recommended for revolvers
- 400 rounds minimum of ammunition
- Personal Protective Equipment, commonly referred to as “PPE”, hearing/eye protection and headwear (brimmed hat) are mandatory, gloves are optional
- For your safety, eye protection must be ANSI Z87+ rated and marked
- Holster (Inside or outside the waistband)